Saturday, August 14, 2010

Adventures in moving

Moving always starts off sounding exciting and fun... then, you actually begin the process and realize real quick just how not fun and exciting it truly is. When we moved into our last apartment we did a lot to it. We painted and installed ceiling fans in our VAULTED ceilings. So, when we were preparing to move out we had to repaint and uninstall the ceiling fans. At least this time we had a ladder. When we were installing them we didn't. So, Steven stacked up the kitchen table, two boxes and a kitchen chair to be tall enough to install the fans.... It was a wobbling tower of terror! Even with a ladder though it was still a little crazy. I'm so glad Steven is brave enough for these things because we would be in big trouble if it were up to me. Look at how high he is! I got scared just climbing up two rungs to hand him screws. I thought it was pretty funny how Lilly kept camping out on and in the boxes and suit cases. It's like she was trying to make sure we didn't leave her behind. Then there's Tiger.... We had a balcony in our last apartment and the cats both loved to go out there. Well, one day right before we were getting ready to leave Colorado and possibly never return, I couldn't find Tiger anywhere in the house. He wasn't in any of his favorite hiding places. So, I looked outside to see if maybe we locked him out there. He wasn't there either. Half of me was thinking WE HAVE TO FIND HIM! But, there was a part that was thinking it might be more convenient to only have one cat to transport. I KNOW!!! That's awful! I knew it as soon as I thought it and then I went outside to search for him. I thought he was gone forever. I had no idea how long he had been out there or if he would try to find his way home or if one of the millions of animal lovers would steal him because he's so stinking adorable. I was looking in the bushes right below our balcony when a lady saw me (probably thought I was a peeping tom or burglar) and asked what I was doing. I told her and she said she had heard something hit her window a couple HOURS earlier but didn't think anything of it. I looked by her window and sure enough my poor little guy was there shivering on the window seal. I didn't see him before because it was dark and he blended into the wall perfectly. I was so happy to find him and felt awful that he had been there for HOURS. He made it out with only a little scratch. To be continued...

No comments: