Friday, August 13, 2010

Steven's Graduation

Okay, so I am seriously behind on my blogging. At first I was putting it off because things were super busy, but now I am so far behind that it's just overwhelming. However, there are things that I can't just not blog about. So, these catch up blogs may be kind of lame. Mostly pictures and not much story. If you have questions about something or want more details, just ask! On that note, let's get crackin! First order of business, Steven's graduation! It was a really fun day. It started with a breakfast, then there were TWO graduation ceremonies (a school wide ceremony and then an individual class ceremony...i.e. medical, dental, pharmacy), then we went to a barbecue at our friends house and then we went out to Dave and Busters with Steven's parents and little brothers. Again, super fun day. Enjoy the pics! This one is first thing in the morning right before the opening ceremony. It was probably one of the warmest days we had had in Denver that season of course and poor Steven was in a BLACK gown and it was not thin either. So this picture is from the Pharmacy class ceremony. The amazing building in the background is called the 500 building. It was the Army hospital back in the day. It super awesome! These are pictures of Steven being hooded. When you graduate from a doctorate program you still get a diploma, but you get hooded on stage rather than receive your diploma. They said that in the beginning of such ceremonies the people receiving doctorate degrees were rewarded with the heavier gowns and the hoods for extra warmth because the ceremonies would take place when it was very cold. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for this graduating class. With every layer they just felt closer to heat exhaustion.... Anyway, the pictures didn't turn out great. I couldn't get close enough for my stinky camera. My brother-in-law did an amazing job getting it all on video though! Here Steven is taking his first picture as a DOCTOR! with his hooder, Dr. Cheryl Vondracek. She was one of his preceptors and meant a lot to him. Here Steven is with his dean. The dean is wearing a different looking get up because he went to a different school. There were some really cool looking gowns and hats! From the left... Steven, Zach (Steven's very first friend in Colorado/Pharmacy school) and Jesse. Here is a closer picture of Steven with his hooder, Dr. Cheryl Vondracek Here's a picture of his hood. I thought it was super cool, so I wanted a picture. From the left, Dain, Zach and Steven. These guys were the three amigos for a quite a while. From the left, Jesse, Chung (I'm so sorry if I spelled that wrong!) and Steven. This is Steven with Jamela. She was the valedictorian. She's super sweet! And here we are with our friends, Debbie and Jesse. They are probably our closest couple friends. They are tons of fun and I miss them both sooo much! I miss playing Settlers of Gattan and eating Debbie's culinary masterpieces and just hanging out. The barbecue we went to was at their house. Sorry, no pictures! And on to the night! It was a lot of fun going to Dave and Busters with the family. Here Steven and Tyler got their trivia on. I can't play this game. By the time I read the question and look over the possible answers everyone else already has their guess in and your time matters... I never know the answers either. It's just not my game. Steven has fun with it though. I love the racing game! I'm pretty much the best ever at this game. Yep, you are seeing right. That's me in first place. The proof is on the screen. ha ha You can't go to Dave and Busters and not play Deal or No Deal.... At least Steven can't. We played this game where you put in a coin and try to knock a bunch of coins over the edge to get tickets... Steven rocked at it. See........ It was so much fun! Steven almost died from heat stroke and hunger, I suffered from hunger, massive blisters and this... But it was so worth it! Congratulations Dr. Steven Johnson! I love you so much and I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Way to go Dr. Steven!! We are sure sad that we missed it, thanks for sharing pictures.