Monday, October 22, 2012

Such a great weekend...

Oh my gosh people. I haven't posted since EASTER! Are you still out there?

If you are, I'm going to brag to you about my weekend because it was one of the best weekends I've had in a really long time and I need to document it.

FRIDAY: Friday Steven got his test results back and is officially licensed to practice in NC, so to celebrate I went shopping for a new dress for a surprise dinner and found some other vital and adorable pieces to add to my wardrobe and it was cheap! I found a dress, a leather jacket, a satchel purse, a couple sweaters, and a pair of earmuffs(I have SUUUUPER sensitive ears. The slightest chill and I feel like I'm being stabbed in the ears). I have been looking for all of these things and found great quality items that I love for cheapo. How much better does it get?

Then, I got home, got ready for dinner and headed to Greensboro where I surprised Steven with reservations at his favorite restaurant ever, Ruth Chris Steak House(which is strictly special occasion because it is pricey). I have never been. Steven went for a work meeting once. Oh. MY. Gosh. It was deliciously worth every penny. Even the green beans people! And Steven didn't even stress once about the prices. Then, we came home and snuggled and watched Hocus Pocus.

SATURDAY: We slept in.

Then, we went to meet a puppy I had been looking at online for a while(they only show pups on Saturdays for a couple of hours). While the puppy we went to see was ADORABLE, he was just a little too hyper for our kitties liking(even though he did calm right down when you rubbed his floppy ears).

While we were playing with him some other people brought out a couple of other puppies who were a little less rambunctious, but we were told they chew and were going to get HUGE. I'm fine with the HUGE, but Steven is not and I was just happy he was willing to look at puppies. I wasn't going to push my luck with the size.

THEN. Some other people brought out another puppy from a different litter(guys, I was so stuck on this puppy from the photo online that I didn't even stop to look at the plethora of other adorable puppies this place had to offer) and she was just precious! She was just snuggling in this guys arms like she never wanted to be set down. Steven saw this and was hooked. She even played well with the other puppies when she was set down. She was PERFECT! The people that had her though seemed like they were for sure taking her home. They would get weird when Steven even looked at her.

Later we definitely decided Mr. Rough and Tumble was out(I mean we couldn't constantly rub the little guys ears!) and the others were out because they were going to get to big, so Steven went inside to see if there were other puppies from Ms. Perfect's litter...HE COMES OUT WITH MS. PERFECT!!! The other people didn't get her. They didn't even submit an application! CRAZIES! So, we played with her a little more and observed her a little more to be sure and decided to fill out an application for adoption.

While we're filling out the adoption application this ladies keeps trying to convince me that this other adorable puppy from the same litter was more perfect and the volunteers favorite. Later, Steven will teach me that she was trying to get me to change my mind because her little boy wanted my puppy! As if a dog, 3 cats, and 4 brothers isn't enough... Anyway, I loved her so much and was so on cloud 9 that I didn't even realize her rudeness until after we left, haha.

The volunteers will bring Ms. Perfect tomorrow for a house visit to see if we have a safe house for a puppy and that the kitties are okay with her. Then, they will check our references and if everything pans out, she will be all ours next Saturday! I'm not even kidding...please pray for us. I know it sounds silly, but it means a lot to me. I'll be heartbroken if for some reason we don't get approved.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I have already been pricing puppy food and looking for supplies, like a crate and leash and everything. We even have a name! We're in so much trouble if we don't get her!

Then, our friends Maile and Mitch called and said they were going to stop by on their way to the mountains to pick up Mitch's jacket. It was so good to see them! And their dog Lucy! And it also made Steven and I decide to take a semi spontaneous trip to Boone to see the leaves. It was "semi spontaneous" because we were already planning it before I decided I'd rather go see puppies. The day was still young though and we didn't bring home a puppy like we thought, so off we went!

It was so fun! We are NEVER spontaneous. I love it, but Steven is more of a planner. The leaves were fabulous! And we passed about 10 Christmas tree farms! I didn't get a ton of pictures, because my phone sucks and doesn't take great pictures. But, we stopped in the Mast General Store and they had barrels and barrels and more barrels of candy! CANDY! We got to fill our little buckets full of our favorite treats and we also got a couple of old school sodas in glass bottles that you had to open on the machine. I felt like I was in Back to the Future. If you know me you know this is BIG!







Then, we headed home and almost died a couple times along the way because Carolina drivers are the worst...possibly in the whole world! I stopped for Taco Bell and got the new Cantina Bowl. It was actually really yummy! Steven was good and waited until we got home to eat.

Then, we went to the gym and they have put in a new stair climber!! I have a love/hate relationship with them. It is an intense cardio workout and it sucks, but I know I'm getting a really good workout, so I love it.

SUNDAY:We woke up late for church, so we only went to classes. Our friends Gary and Sarah have just moved into the ward and it was SO fun to have them there...although I got slightly jealous of all the attention people were giving them. I had to introduce myself to everyone I know! NO ONE TALKED TO ME! I MUST give off a snob vibe...or I stink. I have this odd paranoia of smelling bad. I ask Steven quite frequently if I smell. I'm totally not kidding. Although, he's used to my scent so he's not a reliable source...

Then, I broke the sabbath and went to volunteer orientation at the humane society. I already missed sacrament! What's one more thing? I have a lot of improving to do, I know this. Don't judge me because I sin differently than you! ;) I'm really excited about volunteering though. And! I got to see the sister of the puppy that first broke my heart. My heart skipped a beat when I first saw her, but she isn't up for adoption. She is there because she has a UTI and they are nursing her back to health. Then, she goes back home. Besides, I'm pretty positive we found the closest thing to perfection(as close as a puppy can get anyway) in Ms. Perfect. Hence the name!...No, we will not name her that if we get her. Although, it is growing on me!

Then, we went to Sarah and Gary's house for a yum-o dinner and dessert, watched The Avengers in 3D on their awesome new tv, talked, planned for upcoming Halloween celebrations and had a really great time! We're so glad they've moved closer! They are amazing people.

1 comment:

Deidre and Joseph said...

Woot! I love weekends like that, it sounded awesome! And I am sending up prayers for your puppy!