Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Treats

So, we were invited to have Easter dinner at our bishops house and assigned dessert when we asked what we could bring. I was pretty excited about this because I had some cute ideas in mind. Also, this would be my opportunity to conquer a seemingly simple recipe that I murdered a couple of Easters back. They are super cute and the recipe is SO simple and the idea that I couldn't make them has been plaguing me for years. Well all! I have joyous news! I master the chocolate nests! Here they are.

The recipe says to make them in a regular size muffin tin, but they are rich and I figured they would go a lot further in the mini muffin tin. I'm well pleased with the turn out. I am satisfied and feel like I can move on with my Easter treat endeavors. I'm sad the picture is all blurry though!


I also made these as a back up...just in case. It's just Rice Krispie Treats formed in the same muffin tin in case the chocolate ones were too much for people like myself. I think these turned out pretty cute too.


On a side note. I have decided I hate peanut butter. I hate the taste, the smell AND it is both sticky and greasy! Two of the worst textures EVER! I know many others adore good ol' peanut butter. All I can say to that is...you can have my share too! BLEH!

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Those are super cute! I'll have to try it next year. Your haircut is awesome too, BTW.