Thursday, February 4, 2010

Halloween 2009

I know, it's already waaaay past Halloween, but like I said, I'm trying to catch up. We actually had a lot of fun with Halloween this year. We did some really fun decorating and had a small get together. Good times! Here are the decorations....I'm pretty pleased with myself, so I feel obligated to share. ha ha This is our VAAARY SCAAARY front door. I had a great pattern for a spooky wreath, but we had limited funds. Maybe I'll make it next year....I made the spider! Here's a close up of Mr. Spider I made this huge spider web that draped across the entire living room out of yarn. It took like 5 hours! It looked a lot cooler in person. Everyone was trying to convince me that it would make a great permanent addition to our home decor. ha ha This is Steven and my first Halloween decoration! I made it the Halloween before last. Like how I captured part of Casper the movie in the background to add to the creepiness? That wasn't on purpose! ha ha $4 sheets from Walmart made for some cool looking window dressings. Here's a close up of our pumpkins. Steven's is the scarecrow...he basically did all the work on mine too. I cut out one of the eyes and was done. ha ha Such a sweet, talented guy! Can't leave out the kitchen table! Tiger was really enjoying the decorations too...until he got stuck in them. Poor thing got all tangled up. I was to was to busy trying to get him out to realize what a great photo opportunity I was missing until after it was over. Lucky for me the nerd didn't learn his lesson and got back up there, so we got to recreate the moment. These are a couple of our friends, Jeff and Lisa. He was the cookie monster and she was a cookie. I thought it was so cute. We had another friend, Lia over who was pregnant at the time. She was wearing an orange shirt with a Jack-O-Lantern face on her baby bump. They had to leave before I thought to whip out the camera tho. This is our count down calendar. I saw it in a Crate and Barrel catalog for way more than I was going to pay for it, but I really liked it, so I recreated it. Steven helped. It was a lot of fun! I think it turned out pretty good. There was some cool stuff going on in the bathroom and kitchen, but I didn't get pictures of it for some reason. Maybe next year....

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, your apartment looks so much nicer than ours ever did (or our house does for that matter). Way to go with all the decorating!

Deidre and Joseph said...

Dang girl! Those are some SWEET decorations!