Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spring Time is here!

Aw, Spring Time is beginning in NC. We've seen some nice sunny days, mostly spring showers, pretty pink blossoms on the trees, birds and squirrels chasing and playing and...GINORMOUS SPIDERS! Lilly was sitting on my lap and kept looking at the roof funny (the way she does when she spots a bug). I'm expecting to see a bug. Maybe a skeeter eater or some flying bug. I look up and see one of the biggest, ugliest spiders I've ever seen in my life. Totally caught me off guard and freaked me out. Of course Steven is out of town right now, but honestly he's afraid of leaves blowing in the wind and butterflies. This is not my way of talking crap about my spouse, this is just the facts of life. However, for some reason, even though I would have been the one to kill it either way, being alone made it ten times scarier. No joke, I was so afraid I thought I was going to barf. It was out of reach, so I was going to have to knock it down with the broom and chase it down with a shoe. Every time I went to knock it down though I came up with more and more terrible scenarios. Scenario one, what if I get close with the broom only to find it is a jumping spider? Scenario two, what if it gets caught on the broom and rather than flinging away from me it flings onto me? There were others, but those were the most realistic, least embarrassing ones. I'm wearing a hoody, so I decided to pull the hood over my head and tighten the strings as tight as I could. I could just imagine it flinging into my hair or onto my neck or down my shirt. All of these would have surely lead to my death by heart attack. Hood up, broom in hand, shoe beside me ready to hammer the not so little bugger...Broom flings and bug FLIES! Not like with wings, but he is FAST! As he should be. He's got eight legs! Anyway, the speed of this thing took me by surprise and I didn't want to take my eyes off of him to grab the shoe so I run after him with the broom and rake him back and forth across the carpet leaving little buggy pieces all over. Of course, after every kill, I mourned my pray. I always feel bad no matter how ugly or mean the thing was or looked. Then, Lilly ate him. I cannot say I'm excited for Spring. I definitely do not enjoy being cold, but I do appreciate the absence bugs and their bites which I always manage to acquire plenty of the latter. I'm also not excited about the humidity I'm sure is not too far behind. Hopefully, you at least get a good laugh out of this.

No comments: