Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Little Family

Today, and every day, I am thankful for Steven, my darling husband and very best friend, Lilly, and Tiger. For now this is my family and I couldn't be happier. I'm thankful that Steven and I chose a temple marriage and for that reason we can be together forever. He truly is my very best friend. We have so much in common that it's just fun to be together. He has such an amazing spirit and love for life. He can really light up a room. He is ambitious and hard working. He has some of the funniest, most endearing personality traits. He never stops amazing me and can always make me laugh. He loves children and is so good with them that I have no doubt that he will be an amazing father when the time comes. He is self diagnosed ADD/OCD. He is constant motion. He's honest. I know better than to ask him if I look bad when I know I do, but would rather hear the opposite. He doesn't really understand girl talk and crafts, but lets me do them anyway...and pretends to appreciate it...most times. He is fit and encourages me to be also, no matter how much of a fight I put up about going to the gym. He chews on EVERYTHING! Now, things are not perfect and I don't want to deceive you into to thinking they are. We have had hard times and still do, quite often. But, through our hard times, we have grown and there is no one I would rather fight fire with than Steven. As for Lilly girl, she's my princess. I'm thankful for the way she greets me at the door no matter how long I've been gone. She'll meow and meow until I sit down to let her jump up and say hello. Or how every morning when she hears me waking up, she gets all excited and jumps on the bed to say good morning. It makes me laugh how she LOVES the suitcase and will lay on top of it any chance she gets. On car rides she's either on the drivers lap or on the suitcase in the back. Or that her favorite pass time is playing with cotton swabs or lounging in the bathroom sink. When she wants my attention she literally says "ma ma." Steven will back me up on that one. She really does. Then, there's Tiger. He is just so stinkin' cute! He's our baby boy. My little pumpkin patch. We got him for Steven because Steven was sad that Lilly was strictly a momma's girl. But, you cannot have a Tiger in your home and not claim him as your own. He's my boy. He is such a snuggler. Every morning he jumps up and will either squish between both Steven and I or if I'm laying on my side, he will snuggle up against the curve of my body. He uses and LOVES the cat bed that wasn't good enough for Lilly. He has a fetish with adhesive. Tape, the sticky strips from the lint roller, you name it. He also likes to carry things around the house in his mouth like a dog. It's cute. He is by far the sweetest cat I have ever had. Separate, I am thankful for each of the pieces of my little family. But, they're even better when you put them together. Jealous? ;0)...........Sorry this is "late". I started it yesterday, so it should still count for yesterday and I'll do the one for today later.

No comments: