Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday, November 14th....

Today, I thought about how thankful I am for music. I LOVE music! I thought about it mostly because I am SO excited for Christmas music to start playing on the radio. Music has such an effect on me. It can cheer me up, make me want to shake my groove thing, comfort me when I'm feeling blue. There are songs that come on the radio that really bring back memories for me. Memories of certain time period, like the good ol days before Heather and her family moved away, when we would go to the youth dances. That was so much fun! Or some bring back actual moments for me. I can remember in full detail specific moments through a song. Music can be used as a learning tool. Not gonna lie, I still use a primary song when I'm trying to locate a book in the scriptures. There's one for The BoM and the bible. I use them both. I never did learn the New Testament one very well, but I know the BoM and the Old Testament ones well enough to do process of elimination. haha Music is a blessing and I am very thankful for it.

No comments: