Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ugh! Time to catch up...

There's just not enough time in the day... So, now that I'm behind, I get to share three things I'm thankful for all at once. It still counts though because I thought about them the days I missed. I just didn't have time to record them. So, here goes! I am thankful for photography. Looking through pictures recently, brought to the surface really get memories that had been lovingly tucked away. You can most times remember moments, but it's so much fun to be able to see those moments again and even to see some things I missed the first time around. It also makes it possible to share those moments with people who couldn't be there. Remember how I promised to share pictures of my brother in laws open house whenever I got my hands on some? Well, here's a few. The bride and groom, Tyler and Kassie! Steven's eldest brother, Kevin and his wife, Kristi and their little munchkins, Kimble, Karter, and Koltyn. Next in line, Steven's only sister, Julie and her husband, Kevin (yup, two Kevin's!) and their little ones, Kylie, Jacie, Landen, and Avrie. Then, there's Keith and his wife Beverly and their cute Klan, Hailey, Jamie, and Spencer. Then, Steven is next with his wife...me! Then, it goes Tyler and his new wifey, but you already saw them. Scroll up again for your own viewing pleasure, but be sure to come back because next, we have the youngest, the magnificent, the grrrrreat BRIAN!!! ;0) And of course, the ones who started it all...well one half anyway...the parents of this amazing family, Darwin and Sharon. Here's a couple group pictures just so you can see how well we all fit together. I told you they were good, didn't I? Okay, back on track now. Two more things to be thankful for. I'm thankful that God has a sense of humor and blessed...most of us with a little bit too. I love laughing. I LOVE making other people laugh. Again, looking through pictures the other night brought on quite a bit of laughter. Here, see for yourself... For some reason, even now, this picture just cracks me up. I guess it might be because in my head, I'm translating this picture into something funny...do I share? Meh, why not? Sorry Darwin! My interpretation (which is completely untrue to the real situation) is Steven: "Dad did it!" Darwin: "Huh?" Except, in my mind, "Dad did" something else. Anyway... An this one... I'm looking from left to right at each person, thinking "this is a great picture"... then I get to Steven. See what I mean? Thankfully, I happened to marry someone who has a GREAT sense of humor and shares it with me quite often. Lastly, I am thankful for good friends. The ones who love you for exactly who you are. The ones that forgive you when you don't call as much as you should. The ones that know just what to say and when to say it. The ones that are brutally honest even if you don't think you want to hear it. The ones that are kind and caring when you're feeling fragile. The ones that make you feel like you're always welcome and never imposing. The ones that are always happy to see you. The ones that give the kind of hugs that make you feel safe and loved without a single word. A few of these friends in my life are Deidre, Bishop and Marilyn, Jessica and Emily (my visiting teachers)and of course, my Heavenly Father. I have lots of great friends to be thankful for, but for some reason these are the ones that just completely stood out in my mind. Thank-you for being so amazing even when I might not deserve it!

1 comment:

Deidre and Joseph said...

Thanks Keeley, it really warms my heart that you think I am a good friend. :)